Saturday, June 9, 2007

World Record in the Bottle Smash

Also at the LPTs' first weekend in Pasco, I witnessed the world record setting bottle smash by one aggrieved soccer parent. This was in a game going on at the field next to us. I don't know too much about what precipitated the action, but I had begun to hear quite a bit of bitching and moaning about the reffing in the game. It built up and then finally, erupted into howls of protest as someone's Little Mia got clattered about without a whistle. I turned to see what was happening and witnessed the man directly behind me wind up his arm, windmill it above his head and throw down with all the mighty righteous indignation a soccer match deserves, his plastic water bottle.



Now, maybe it was the amount of water remaining in the bottle (it appeared to be full). Or maybe it was the superhuman strength this man possessed, whether natural, or artificially enhanced by the crimes of the referee, but that water bottle bounced at least 14 feet in the air.



Sadly, it seemed that the man who set the record, was too angry to appreciate his feat, as he stormed up the sidelines, leaving the area even before the bottle returned back to the surly bonds of the Earth.



I don't know what ultimately happened in that soccer game, but I left the field that evening knowing that I had witnessed a true athletic achievement of historic proportions.



No comments:

Post a Comment